Sunday, September 20, 2015

SJP, on Harper's Bazaar cover

"I will say, 'I'm sorry, I'm really disappointed,' or 'Why do you follow me if you find me so objectionable?'" the 50-year-old actress told Harper's Bazaar in its October cover story.


Sarah Jessica Parker shines on Harper’s Bazaar’s October cover in a black-and-white striped Valentino dress and sparkly pointy-toe pumps from her own collection.


"I can see people, try to know them," Sarah Jessica Parker told Harper’s Bazaar. "I am always game to figure something out about somebody else."


She is, after all, a longtime New Yorker, an image reinforced by her role as Carrie Bradshaw in six seasons of HBO's "Sex and the City" and its two movie sequels.

Her affinity for the Big Apple doesn't appear to have diminished in the 11 years since the show's end.

"I love the city. I love everything it has to offer," she told the magazine. "I think that my children are so lucky to be raised here. I love the subway, I love hailing a cab, I love traffic and people and all of the possibilities. I believe in all of that still."

She went on to reveal a penchant for people-watching on the subway.

"I can see people, try to know them," she said. "I am always game to figure something out about somebody else."

Parker, whose SJP fashion line turned 2 this year, also channels Bradshaw's fearless fashion sense.

She shines on the cover in a black-and-white striped Valentino dress and sparkly pointy-toe pumps from her own collection.

"I don't ever think, 'I'm going to push it, I'm going to be controversial, I'm going to be provocative,'" Parker said. "But I am independent."


*    *    *




No comments: